In addition to complying with the legislative frameworks of all the countries where it operates, Intesa Sanpaolo is committed to identifying, mitigating and, where possible, preventing potential human rights abuses linked to its activities, as required under the latest UN guiding principles (Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights ).
In this context, a specific Group policy on human rights was approved in December 2017 by the Board of Directors, taking up and developing the principles already present in the Code of Ethics.
The implementation and progressive extension of human rights’ protection is monitored through:
- the evaluation of the implementation and governance of the Group’s Code of Ethics, performed also through the assessment by an independent third-party according to the UNI ISO 26000 international standard, with a specific focus on human rights’ issues;
- annual sustainability reporting, which includes stakeholder engagement and defines improvement targets and the related performance indicators, subject to certification by an independent third-party auditor;
- the analysis of potential risks on human rights, which highlights, for each principle declared in the international conventions, the possible impacts on stakeholders deriving from Intesa Sanpaolo’s activity and the reference company regulations.
Based on the results of the monitoring processes described above, Intesa Sanpaolo is committed to:
- evaluate the need for updates of the policy;
- define guidelines of intervention to prevent and mitigate possible negative impacts on its stakeholders;
- issue, when needed, further documents related to specific rights and activities.
As a further safeguard measure for all stakeholders, the Code of Ethics mailbox (email@example.com) is available and anyone can report cases of non–compliance. Those who make the reports in good faith are protected from any form of retaliation, discrimination or penalisation, ensuring the utmost confidentiality without prejudice to legal obligations.
Last updated 4 May 2020 at 11:37:48