The organisational structure is made up of divisions reporting directly to the CEO:
- The Banca dei Territori division (domestic commercial banking), responsible for retail, exclusive and SME customers;
- The IMI Corporate & Investment Banking division, responsible for corporates, Financial Institutions and Public Administration;
- The International Subsidiary Banks division;
- The Private Banking division;
- The Asset Management division;
- The Insurance division.
Breakdown of Operating Income by geographical and business area (pdf, 48 kb)
THE BANCA DEI TERRITORI DIVISION
The domestic business is concentrated in the "Banca dei Territori", which comprises:
- 2,941 branches dedicated to 11.5 million Retail and Exclusive customers;
- 249 branches dedicated to 256,000 SME customers;
- 90 branches serving approximately 88,000 Non-profit customers;
- industrial credit, leasing and factoring;
- platform for direct channels;
- instant banking with Banca 5.
THE IMI CORPORATE & INVESTMENT BANKING DIVISION
Intesa Sanpaolo is a major player in the corporate & investment banking, and acts as a global partner for corporates, financial institutions and public administration.
The division operates in Italy with a network of 25 branches which serves 17,000 customers.
The Group is the benchmark Italian operator in capital markets & investment banking, reaching a critical mass in market making.
Intesa Sanpaolo is present in 25 foreign countries through a specialist network to facilitate the cross-border activities of its customers made up of branches, representative offices and subsidiaries focused on corporate banking. Intesa Sanpaolo manages relationships with a network of approximately 3,900 correspondent banks.
THE INTERNATIONAL SUBSIDIARY BANKS DIVISION
A selected presence in the countries of Central-Eastern Europe and Middle East and North Africa, with 7.0 million customers in 12 countries, through 964 branches.
THE PRIVATE BANKING DIVISION
230 branches and 5,741 private bankers dedicated to 95,000 private clients and High Net Worth Individuals. The division includes:
THE ASSET MANAGEMENT DIVISION
Asset management solutions targeted at the Group’s customers, commercial networks outside the Group, and the institutional clientele.
The division includes Eurizon, with 273 billion euro of assets under management.
THE INSURANCE DIVISION
Insurance and pension products tailored for the Group’s clients. The division includes:
with direct deposits and technical reserves of 175 billion euro.
Last updated 11 February 2021 at 11:02:38