The organisational structure is made up of divisions reporting directly to the CEO:
- The Banca dei Territori division (domestic commercial banking), responsible for retail, exclusive and SME customers;
- The IMI Corporate & Investment Banking division, responsible for corporates, Financial Institutions and Public Administration;
- The International Subsidiary Banks division;
- The Private Banking division;
- The Asset Management division;
- The Insurance division.
Breakdown of Operating Income by geographical and business area (pdf, 48 kb)
THE BANCA DEI TERRITORI DIVISION
The domestic business is concentrated in the "Banca dei Territori", which comprises:
- 3,351 branches dedicated to 13 million Retail and Exclusive customers;
- 283 branches dedicated to 183,000 SME customers;
- 224 branches dedicated to 79,000 customers in the agribusiness sector;
- 106 branches serving approximately 97,000 Non-profit customers;
- industrial credit, leasing and factoring;
- platform for direct channels;
- instant banking with Banca 5.
THE IMI CORPORATE & INVESTMENT BANKING DIVISION
Intesa Sanpaolo is a major player in the corporate & investment banking, and acts as a global partner for corporates, financial institutions and public administration.
The division operates in Italy with a network of 27 branches which serves 17,000 customers.
The Group is the benchmark Italian operator in capital markets & investment banking, reaching a critical mass in market making.
Intesa Sanpaolo is present in 25 foreign countries through a specialist network to facilitate the cross-border activities of its customers made up of branches, representative offices and subsidiaries focused on corporate banking. Intesa Sanpaolo manages relationships with a network of approximately 3,900 correspondent banks.
THE INTERNATIONAL SUBSIDIARY BANKS DIVISION
A selected presence in the countries of Central-Eastern Europe and Middle East and North Africa, with 7.0 million customers in 12 countries, through 941 branches.
THE PRIVATE BANKING DIVISION
275 branches and 6,630 private bankers dedicated to 120,000 private clients and High Net Worth Individuals. The division includes:
THE ASSET MANAGEMENT DIVISION
Asset management solutions targeted at the Group’s customers, commercial networks outside the Group, and the institutional clientele.
The division includes Eurizon, with 347 billion euro of assets under management.
THE INSURANCE DIVISION
Insurance and pension products tailored for the Group’s clients. The division includes:
with direct deposits and technical reserves of 204 billion euro.
Last updated 13 September 2021 at 12:25:26