Supporting the youngest generations
Learning programmes aimed at developing new skills
Projects for younger generations
As part of Intesa Sanpaolo’s commitment towards development in Italy, the group is invested in meeting and understanding the needs of society on the one hand and, on the other, in providing the proper tools that allow our company to responsibly tackle societal challenges – including families and new families, technology, migration, poverty, and religious differences.The social emphasis of the 2018-21 Business Plan, particularly in terms of sustainability and education, has resulted in a number of initiatives targeted at the focused on youth. We work with all age ranges across both primary and secondary schools to support families, educators, and institutions to prepare children and young people to become the men and women of the future.
Share knowledge and different perspectives to understand and tackle social malaise.
Connects schools, families and communities.
A free online platform that is always accessible.
Inclusive Education Project for Children
We believe that the role of a bank is to generate value for the country. To do this, we think it’s vital that we start with culture, society and education. The Webecome project is part of Intesa Sanpaolo’s commitment to the inclusive education of young people and children.
The new difficulties of childhood
We live in a rapidly changing world, where entirely new phenomena are having a profound impact on society that would have been unimaginable just a few short years ago. New social issues and new forms of pre-existing social issues are emerging and affecting the youngest in our society – phenomena such as marginalization, discrimination, addiction, bullying, and cyberbullying. Given that some of these are very recent, there is as yet little awareness. However, the gravity of the harm they cause the children of today and the extent to which they condition the adults of tomorrow cannot be underestimated.
Educational programme designed for children and aimed at education
It is designed with primary school children in mind but is targeted at educational institutions and their surrounding communities, i.e. teachers, school directors, parents, and indeed anybody interested in the intervention and prevention of these dynamics that contribute to the fragility of young children. The aim is to equip this community with the ideas and tools necessary to prevent and tackle social issues affecting young people. At the same time, the project hopes to show families and schools the benefits of working together to overcome these problems.
A unique educational initiative
- plural - offers perspectives from various fields of research and scopes of application to understand and fight the issues currently at hand
- positive - aims to prevent and fight social issues via experiences that promote and encourage constructive relationships within the class and between children and adults
- open - invites teachers to personalise experiences and content based on the needs of their class and to share advice and best practices in order to create a shared, valuable network
- collaborative - set up and operate on the basis of an ongoing process of listening involving teachers, experts, parents and school directors to create a tool for dialogue and stable interchange between the various players in the education community, with the interests of children at heart
- accessible - provides schools and families with a free online platform that is always available and can be accessed on a different of digital devices.
The alphabet of development
Adopting a positive approach, Webecome offers tools to help us understand and develop educational programmes targeted at children and created by a range of experts. There are eight themed programmes. Each programme includes video interviews with experts, child behaviour observations and resource monitoring, bibliographies and in-depth educational studies.
Webecome in numbers
hours of content
videos and data
Z - Lab
The project that engages young people in a unique, innovative experience
The project dedicated to Generation Z.
This workshop gives secondary school students the chance to experience the current job market and prepare for the future.
Working with tutors, the youngsters experience a programme based around five key principles:
- CONTINUITY: accompanies secondary school students from their third year to their fifth year, in accordance with the number of hours legally required.
- ORIENTATION: focuses on professional and soft skills, which enable young people to get a sense of direction within a constantly changing job market.
- GROWTH: enables young people to discover careers and professions outside of the world of banking, thanks to content and activities which cover areas such as art direction, content management, and business planning
- INNOVATION: offers an original experience based on collaboration between students and tutors, experience-led workshops, and project work
- PREPARATION: nurtures critical thinking, problem solving, and creativity - key skills in tomorrow's world.
Initiative created in collaboration with DC Development Policies and Learning Academy
Z - Lab in numbers
over 2,500 students involved
over 120 workshops
over 100 schools in 18 Italian cities
Last updated 6 November 2019 at 12:49:00