Intesa Sanpaolo is still the "Best Bank in Italy" for Euromoney
The Euromoney Awards for Excellence 2021 awarded Intesa Sanpaolo the "Best Bank in Italy" title, confirming its leadership in the country.
The distinctive characteristics attributed to Intesa Sanpaolo are:
- the role played in the process of consolidating the sector, with the successful acquisition and integration of UBI Banca
- superior performance in terms of profitability and efficiency compared to the market
- the resilience of its business model, which enhances its profile as a wealth and protection company
- the extraordinary support provided to the real economy during the pandemic and for its post-pandemic recovery, with initiatives such as Motore Italia for SMEs and projects dedicated to the supply chains
- leadership as an impact bank, in social and environmental sustainability initiatives, and in technological services offered to customers.
Intesa Sanpaolo was recognised by Euromoney, an authoritative international banking and financial sector magazine, for the second year running.
Carlo Messina, CEO of Intesa Sanpaolo, commented: "The recognition received from Euromoney again this year represents confirmation of the Bank's strength and the effectiveness of the actions undertaken with determination during these last months – an extraordinary time in terms of the environment in which we operated and the results achieved. It also represents encouragement to continue with renewed conviction along the current path, which turns the Group into an essential point of reference for Italy and its future. All this is possible thanks to the people who work with integrity and passion at Intesa Sanpaolo and with whom I wish to share my pride in the award received."
Intesa Sanpaolo was also once again named "Best Bank in Croatia" through its Croatian subsidiary PBZ.
Last updated 21 July 2021 at 16:58:46