Fighting climate change: the first S-loan with SACE green guarantee
In partnership with SACE, Intesa Sanpaolo is launching S-Loan Climate Change, the first loan dedicated to SMEs and mid-caps that intend to invest in combating the effects of climate change and reducing their environmental impact.
The new S-Loan Climate Change provides an 80% SACE guarantee to finance green investment projects up to an amount of 15 million euro and for a maximum term of 20 years.
S-Loan Climate Change is a unique initiative in the banking industry that will allow SMEs and mid-Caps to finance projects related to:
- procurement of electricity from renewable sources or bioenergy
- introduction of a Green Procurement Policy on purchasing, transport and energy
- achievement of carbon neutrality
- upgrading of a portion of the company's real estate assets to green building standards
- introduction of new vehicles with reduced environmental impact into the company fleet
- introduction of initiatives for the protection and restoration of ecosystems.
If at least two of the objectives are achieved, the S-Loan financing mechanism is activated, including both a premium for the company in terms of the cost of financing and a donation from Intesa Sanpaolo to support charitable projects in which the financed company can also participate.
This agreement with Intesa Sanpaolo is part of SACE's commitment to support the implementation of the Green New Deal in Italy.
Last updated 30 August 2021 at 11:29:19