INTESA SANPAOLO INNOVATION CENTER PARTNER
OF "unbound" IN LONDON
Six Italian startups selected for one of the leading international innovation festivals
London, 18 July 2018 – For the third year running, the Intesa Sanpaolo Innovation Center is a partner of "unbound London", one of the major innovation festivals in the world, held today and tomorrow in London at the Old Truman Brewery on Brick Lane.
unbound London brings the most "disruptive" startups in Europe together with companies, investors and thought leaders from across the globe, with the goal of forming partnerships, allowing new opportunities to be seized, and generating business.
The Intesa Sanpaolo Innovation Center, a guiding hand for new innovative businesses, has chosen six of the most promising Italian startups, the first three of which belong to the Gamma Donna Network, in order to promote and present them at the London event:
• U-earth is the first biotech company in the world to tackle purifying the air in the professional sphere, and is a market leader in biological air purification thanks to patents and exclusive proprietary technology, the result of 30 years of scientific research in the United States;
• Codemotion is a platform designed for IT developers that connects IT professionals, communities and companies all over the world to share the latest innovations and best practices;
• Homepal allows private individuals to sell, buy or rent houses, avoiding agency costs, with assistance from a dedicated customer service team;
• CargUp is a logistics matching platform that allows companies to quickly and simply place goods transport orders, getting in touch with thousands of carriers in a matter of seconds, who in real time can share their availability;
• AREA WFI is an internationally patented telecommunications system that combines web usability and security when using credentials, through a digital process for confirming any actions taken online;
• Graffiti For Smart City creates urban mosaics for spaces that have fallen into disuse. These mosaics can connect with smartphones nearby and provide technological services.
This evening, during the networking event organised by ICE for the community of Italian companies taking part in unbound, starting at 6:30 p.m., Head of International Network of the Intesa Sanpaolo Innovation Center Vincenzo Antonetti will present the services supporting startups in global markets, with a focus on the UK.
Tomorrow, at 11:45 a.m., one of the participants in the "Smart Money & Blockchain" round table will be Benedetta Arese Lucini, founder of Oval Money, the Italo-English fintech startup operating in the world of savings. With Oval Money, Intesa Sanpaolo has recently launched a major industrial partnership through the Banca 5 network, the Group's company with a focus on instant banking, and took a stake in Neva Finventures, the Group's Corporate Venture Capital vehicle that invests in fintech companies and startups operating in Industry 4.0 and the Circular Economy.
"The digital transformation processes will be even more integral to strategies for internationalising into new markets, whether it be for established companies or startups. Partnerships such as those with unbound allow the startups we select to gain visibility and business opportunities," said Maurizio Montagnese, Chairman of the Intesa Sanpaolo Innovation Center.
The Intesa Sanpaolo Innovation Center, having a presence in London with the hub branch at 90 Queen Street, supports unbound, aiming to spread awareness of the Bank's activities in the field of innovation and gain new customers in one of the key global financial centres.
Corporate & Investment Banking and International Media
Tel: +39 02 879 67504
Last updated 18 July 2018 at 17:07