CINEMA: INTESA SANPAOLO IN LOS ANGELES WITH FOUR FILMS
TO SUPPORT ABROAD ITALIAN PRODUCTIONS AND TO BRING U.S. PRODUCTIONS TO ITALY
· Intesa Sanpaolo Group is sponsoring “Los Angeles, Italia Festival 2019”
· Continued support of the audiovisual industry, as an Italian growth asset abroad and to attract foreign investment in Italy
· Since 2009 more than 1 billion euros in loans to the industry: 400 works made in Italy and 250 foreign productions distributed in Italy
· A specialist Desk in the Media & Entertainment sector able to provide targeted solutions
Los Angeles, 16 February 2019 – Intesa Sanpaolo is taking part in the “Los Angeles Italia Film Festival 2019” as special partner for the second consecutive year. The festival which starts on 17 February in Los Angeles is held in conjunction with MIBACT, ANICA and ICE.
Four films that have been produced with the financial support of Intesa Sanpaolo will be shown at this year’s event:
· Modalità Aereo by Fausto Brizzi (Producer Casanova Multimedia)
· Mia Martini – Io sono Mia by Riccardo Donna (Producer Casanova Multimedia)
· Il Primo Re by Matteo Rovere (Producer Groenlandia)
· I Moschettieri del Re by Giovanni Veronesi (Producer Indiana Production)
Following the success of the first edition, Intesa Sanpaolo has renewed its participation as a sponsor in an international event that has acted as a sounding board for operators in the sector, creating an important opportunity to meet and network with international producers interested in developing productions in Italy.
With Intesa Sanpaolo Group’s strategic presence throughout Italy and in foreign markets, and its specialized Media & Entertainment Desk within its subsidiary Mediocredito Italiano, it can help with the internationalization of Italian companies and act as a reference point for foreign investors in the sector.
The Media & Entertainment Desk offers targeted products and financial solutions to producers, independent distributors and operators in the industry chain and supports them in identifying the best business development strategies.
Since 2009 Intesa Sanpaolo Group has provided more than 1 billion euros to over 70 producers, supported over 400 audiovisual productions (about 170 films, 170 TV series, 60 advertisements) – such as The Young Pope, L’Amica Geniale, Gomorra, Romanzo Criminale, I Medici 2, Leisure Seeker, La Pazza Gioia, Capitale Umano) - and the distribution of over 250 foreign titles, including numerous blockbusters, in the Italian Market.
The Festival concludes on Friday 22 February with the award to Matteo Rovere as ‘Director of the Year’ for his film Il Primo Re, produced by Groenlandia with the financial support of Intesa Sanpaolo.
In previous years Intesa Sanpaolo was proud to invest in several film projects, directly supporting the production of:
· This Must Be The Place by Paolo Sorrentino, with Oscar-winning actors Sean Penn e Frances McDormand, presented at Cannes Film Festival 2011
· Il villaggio di Cartone by Ermanno Olmi presented at Venice Film Festival 2011
· Il Paese delle spose infelici by Pippo Mezzapesa
· Reality by Matteo Garrone, winner of Grand Prix at Cannes Film Festival 2012
· Immaturi - Il viaggio by Paolo Genovese
· Io e te by Bernardo Bertolucci (Cannes Film Festival 2012)
· Magnifica presenza by Ferzan Ozpetek
· Baby Blues by Alina Marazzi
Last updated 16 February 2019 at 14:20