Cassa dei Risparmi di Forlì e della Romagna
Cassa dei Risparmi di Forlì e della Romagna was established in Forlì in 1839 by Pope Gregorio XVI, under the name Cassa di Risparmio di Forlì.
The new bank had the mission to collect households savings, promote welfare for the weakest segments of society and encourage new economic initiatives.
It was the first Cassa established in Romagna with headquarter in Forlì. In 1859, the Cassa assumed the name Cassa dei Risparmi di Forlì.
During the first decades of 1900, it extended its geographical presence by opening its first branch in Forlì in 1921, incorporating branches of small local Casse and acquiring branches of Cassa di Risparmio di Firenze.
In 1992, pursuant to the so called Amato Law, the Cassa was split into two new legal entities: Fondazione Cassa dei Risparmi di Forlì whose mission remained the pursuit of public interests and its traditional socio-humanitarian commitment, and Cassa dei Risparmi di Forlì S.p.A. dedicated to the banking activity.
In 2000 two banks, former San Paolo IMI S.p.A. and Cassa di Risparmio di Firenze S.p.A entered into the share capital of Cassa dei Risparmi di Forlì S.p.A. as reference shareholders and strategic industrial partners. The partnership with the new shareholders continued to be profitable, and at the end of 2005 former San Paolo IMI S.p.A. significantly consolidated its interest in Cassa dei Risparmi di Forlì, acquiring a further stake from Fondazione Cassa dei Risparmi di Forlì.
On 1 March 2007, the Extraordinary Shareholders' meeting of Cassa dei Risparmi di Forlì resolved upon the decision to become part of Intesa Sanpaolo Group, the banking group resulting from the merger between Banca Intesa and Sanpaolo IMI, and to change the company name into Cassa dei Risparmi di Forlì e della Romagna S.p.A.
Currently Cassa dei Risparmi di Forlì e della Romagna is the Intesa Sanpaolo Group brand that serves the Romagna area through a branch network with widespread presence in the provinces of Forlì-Cesena, Ravenna and Rimini.
Last updated 16 December 2010 at 16:30:25