{"clientID":"2b71d197-0c21-4234-ba98-2689b888f985","signature":"664610f33aa0503128c41216cec8b65f079ea4ee9ece982d6c7d6715d0fc4e88","encryption":"68cad83b4246825bd81d4bc1059d4620","keyID":"183b753b-7f28-af43-f453-4bd93774f44a","user":"C1AAFC8C323DFDA567B3CD7D0E48C3DD"}

Cassa di Risparmio del Friuli Venezia Giulia

The bank was created through the merger of Cassa di Risparmio di Udine e Pordenone and Cassa di Risparmio di Gorizia, and began operating on 1 December 2003, under the name of Fiulcassa - subsequently renamed Cassa di Risparmio del Friuli Venezia Giulia.

The business of is focused on the innovation, services and quality products the bank offers its customers. Its strengths remain its territorial roots and local approach, which encourage cash deposits and, the subsequent use of this money in the area, through autonomous credit management and immediate responses which can be given at the local level.

Cassa di Risparmio di Gorizia, founded in 1831 by Count Giuseppe Thurn (della Torre) Hoffer e Valsassina, was for over 170 years the bank of reference for the province of Gorizia. Immediately following World War II, it was one of the leading players in the economic and social rebuilding of the Isontino area, which had been particularly penalized by the redefinition of the eastern border. Households, Local Authorities, merchants, professionals, large and small companies and artisans alike have always been able to rely on the banking services and financial support offered by the Bank, which has always been attentive to their needs.

Cassa di Risparmio di Udine e Pordenone has been present in the Friuli area for centuries.
The Monte di Pietà was founded in Udine in 1496. Its long and intense activity was continued from 1876 by Cassa di Risparmio di Udine, which then evolved into Cassa di Risparmio di Udine e Pordenone. In 1991 it became a società per azioni (joint-stock company), with 100 branches throughout Friuli-Venezia Giulia, mainly located in the historical provinces of Udine and Pordenone, but also with operating points in the provinces of Trieste and Gorizia and in the western area of the Veneto region.
After joining the Casse Venete Group in 1999, in 2000 CRUP became part of the Cardine Group (created through the merger between CAER and Casse Vente).

The history of CRUP is full of important highlights interwoven with the economic and social events of the Friuli Venezia Giulia region. These are the dates to remember:

  • 1968 - After the Province of Pordenone was established, the Bank took on the name Cassa di Risparmio di Udine e Pordenone.
  • 1976 - Following the severe earthquake that hit Friuli, CRUP played an extraordinary role in the combined efforts to aid recovery. More than four thousand homes were repaired due to CRUP mortgage loans.
  • 1991 - The Bank was split into a Società per Azioni (joint-stock company), bringing the new bank closer to its historical origins. The organizational-information technology structure was reorganized to enable CRUP to compete and continue its geographical expansion.
  • 1998 - The Bank joined the Casse Venete Banking Group.
  • 2000 - The merger between CAER and Casse Venete produced Cardine Banca S.p.A.
  • 2002 - Merger of Sanpaolo IMI and Cardine Banca S.p.A.
  • 2003 - Merger of CRUP and Cassa di Risparmio di Gorizia into the new Friulcassa.
  • 2007 - Redenomination of Friulcassa into Cassa di Risparmio del Friuli Venezia Giulia.
{"toolbar":[{"label":"Refresh","url":"","key":"update-page"},{"label":"Print","url":"","key":"print-page"},{"label":"Request for Annual Reports","url":"/en/investor-relations/request-for-annual-reports","key":"business-budget"},{"label":"Financial Calendar","url":"/en/investor-relations/financial-calendar","key":"financial-calendar"}]}