Fideuram - Intesa Sanpaolo Private Banking with Man Group in Asset Management
Fideuram - Intesa Sanpaolo Private Banking (“F-ISPB”) and Man Group launch a new strategic asset management partnership designed to generate innovative new investment opportunities for F-ISPB’s clients, by combining:
- F-ISPB’s private banking expertise in Europe
- Man Group’s investment solutions capabilities
The partnership will help in supporting the discerning needs of private banking clients, creating a diverse range of technology-enabled alternative and long-only investment strategies.
More in detail, the first step of the new partnership concerned the acquisition, by Man Group, of a 51% interest in Asteria, a Geneva-based, ESG-oriented asset manager, including its existing fund range (Fideuram – Intesa Sanpaolo Private Banking will retain 49%). The offering will be developed following the completion of the transaction which took place on 31 October.
The partnership's strength points include:
- Man Group’s expertise in bespoke portfolio solutions
- strong investment management capabilities of both Man Group and Asteria
- F-ISPB’s private banking expertise, financial advisor network and client base
- F-ISPB and Man Group’s considerable distribution capabilities across Europe, with an initial focus on Italy
The agreement received approval and clearance from FINMA and antitrust authorities.
Last updated 31 October 2023 at 15:35:00