“Fashion & Design Open Innovation Day” in Milan, a chance for businesses and investors to catch up with the latest developments and trends in the sector
INTESA SANPAOLO PRESENTS EXPONENTIAL GROWTH TECHNOLOGIES FOR FASHION AND DESIGN
· The 2015 edition of StartUp Initiative with the best startups in the luxury, fashion and design sectors
· According to the bank’s Research Department, Fashion and Design is already showing an upturn: revenues up 3% in 2014
Milan, 12 March 2015 – E-commerce platforms, communities of artisans, collaborative consumption, communities for shopping and travel, and much more besides.
Intesa Sanpaolo presents the most innovative startups in the luxury, fashion and design sector at StartUp Initiative “Fashion & Design Open Innovation Day”, an event entirely dedicated to the discovery of high growth potential technologies.
More specifically, the meeting is targeted at businesses and investors that want to get up to date with the latest technology developments and trends in the sector, and acquire competitive advantages in a constantly evolving market.
The event began with an illustration of the economic scenario in the Fashion & Design segment by the Intesa Sanpaolo Research Department.
According to the forecasts, Italian businesses are quite capable of becoming profitable again: in fact, the upturn in the sector already began in 2014 with a growth in revenues of just under 3%, thanks to the contribution of the overseas markets.
The international scenario in 2015 remains favourable for the companies in the sector, who are among those to benefit the most from the devaluation of the euro. The US market is particularly attractive with Italian businesses having already captured new space on the market in 2014: according to US Census Bureau data, US imports of Fashion&Design from Italy grew by 9.6%, a significantly higher figure that that registered by other competitors (+4%).
The importance of the new technologies is therefore proving to be decisive for expansion and Italian Fashion and Design businesses appear to be well positioned to take advantage of these opportunities with an approach that will primarily focus on strengthening their appeal to new global consumers.
During the day, 8 new businesses (5 Italian and 3 foreign) presented their projects to an audience of investors made up of investment funds, business angels, venture capital companies, institutions and businesses:
1. DIS - Design Italian Shoes (MC): platform for e-commerce of men's shoes high-quality, personalized online by the customer in every detail, 100% made in Italy;
2. Rentez-Vous (London): first market of dresses for hire that allows women to never wear the same outfit and at the same time enhance their wardrobe;
3. Hekatè (VR): online platform that allows customers to create and buy a cosmetic cream customized high quality and dermatologically tested;
4. Modist (Toronto - Canada): platform to present consumers with content marketing, publishing and social with the objective of influencing the purchasing decisions while shopping;
5. Thingarage (Rome): platform for sharing design products ready for 3D printing, dedicated to SMEs wishing to outsource R & D;
6. Molopolo (NA): brand of innovative leaders with interchangeable buttons and technological devices wearable;
7. Fifteenth Eyewear (MI): eyewear brand hand drawn, unique and at an affordable price, with the goal of preserving a community of Italian artisans;
8. Pinktrotters (London): online and offline community of women who share events and exclusive trips, fueled by luxury brands and fashion.
The StartUp Initiative is the international acceleration platform developed by Italy’s leading bank Intesa Sanpaolo, which selects promising high-tech startups, coaches them and connects them with financial and corporate investors. Since its inception in 2009, the program has developed a strong track record: 74 investment forums in 6 countries (IT, UK, US, FR, DE, IL) across 9 technology cluster and industries (Digital & Mobile; Biotech & Healthcare; Cleantech; Nanotech & Materials; Social Ventures; FoodTech; Fashion & Design; Transportation; Smart Building & Construction), matching over 530 startups and growing companies with about 6.400 investors, corporations and players of the innovation ecosystem.
Our alumni went on to raise over 55 M€ in funding.
For more information
Corporate & Investment Banking and International Media Office
Last updated 12 March 2015 at 17:48