THE INTESA SANPAOLO HIGHLINE COMPANY IS SET UP TO OPTIMIZE AND PROMOTE THE TURIN SKYSCRAPER
ENRICO SALZA COMPANY CHAIRMAN
Turin – Milan, 14 July 2015. The Management Board, at its meeting today under the chairmanship of Gian Maria Gros-Pietro, resolved on establishing the Intesa Sanpaolo Highline Company, with the aim of optimizing and promoting the Intesa Sanpaolo Skyscraper, the Bank’s headquarters in Turin.
The founding of the Company – strongly promoted by CEO Carlo Messina and by Management Board Chairman Gian Maria Gros-Pietro – is the outcome of the widespread interest shown by customers and by the public for the Skyscraper; this has led to the creation of one single body to focus on the tasks and activities of optimizing and promoting those areas that were already, when the building was in the planning stage, conceived for uses not exclusive or instrumental to the Bank, but were designed or opened up for use by the local community.
In particular the spaces for accommodating the public and open to it are as follows:
· the Auditorium and all the areas linked to its operation;
· the Bioclimatic Greenhouse generally, including the exhibition space located on the 36th floor and the areas designed for catering (restaurant, cafeteria);
· exhibition spaces and other rooms that can partly be used for public events (foyer, Council Room);
· the bar located at street level.
The Intesa Sanpaolo Highline Company has been set up with the following tasks:
· planning and creating displays and shows, conferences and cultural and artistic events;
· supporting the Bank in identifying subjects (owners of small businesses and suppliers) to be charged with carrying out commercial and service activities in the above-quoted spaces;
· continuously monitoring the quality of the supply by the external companies appointed.
In carrying out these tasks the Company will deal with all aspects connected with the use and optimization of the accommodation spaces and the spaces designed for public use, in order to build and maintain a distinctive presence and a uniqueness with regard to the public and the stakeholders, with particular reference to the local area, in line with the parent company’s identity. For this purpose, a Steering Committee headed by Management Board Chairman Gian Maria Gros-Pietro has been set up.
The Intesa Sanpaolo Management Board has appointed the Intesa Sanpaolo Highline Board of Directors, composed as follows: Enrico Salza, Chairman; Gabriella Gemo, Stefano Lucchini, Vittorio Meloni, Maurizio Montagnese, Piero Scalerandi and Luca Tedesi.
The appointment of Enrico Salza as Company Chairman represents an acknowledgement of the decisive commitment he made to the design and creation of the Turin Skyscraper well before the Banking Group’s new company was set up. With this new appointment, allowing him to reap the fruits of his years of work, Enrico Salza will be able to continue in the activity of optimizing the Skyscraper – a building that will, in a few months, be in a position to harmonize with the city of Turin, and whose aim is to open up further to the city, its visitors, and to the public in general.
Last updated 17 July 2015 at 12:47