The new 2022-2025 Business Plan the Plan confirms and envisages strong and sustainable value creation and distribution, solid capital position and a significant ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) commitment.
With reference to ESG issues, Intesa Sanpaolo intends to further strengthen its role as a leading bank. It envisages doing this by committing funds in 2022-2025 for around €115 billion to society and the green transition and around €500 million in support of people in need, as well as working towards achieving a net-zero emission target, in terms of own emissions by 2030 and in terms of loan and investment portfolios, asset management and insurance by 2050, and, in addition, protecting and restoring natural capital with more than 100 million trees planted over the four-year Plan horizon, directly as a Group or with dedicated financing for its clients, and the adoption of a specific policy on biodiversity.
At Intesa Sanpaolo, we believe that it is only possible to grow and prosper by making a positive contribution to the communities in which we operate. That is why the new Plan further strengthens our ESG commitment.
Personnel expenses of around 26.5 billion euro (to over 100,000 households).
Around 50 million training hours.
Achievement of the Plan’s targets enabled by significant investments in the Group’s people:
- “Next way of working”:
- model applied at large scale (hybrid: physical/remote) offering maximum flexibility to all the Group’s people while upgrading IT equipment and workplace layout;
- large-scale initiatives for well-being and safety of the Group’s people (e.g. new office spaces, gyms, healthy food, business trip safety);
- new incentive plans (including long-term incentive plans) to foster individual entrepreneurship;
- Innovative talent strategy:
- “Future leaders” programme involving around 1,000 talent and key people at Group level;
- reinforcing the international footprint with distinctive capabilities in key markets (e.g. IMI Corporate & Investment Banking, Wealth Management) and insourcing of core capabilities in the digital space;
- Diversity & inclusion: promotion of an inclusive and diverse environment thanks to a set of dedicated initiatives and a focus on gender equality;
- Learning ecosystem:
- reskilling/upskilling programme, tailored to people’s needs in order to deploy excess capacity towards the Business Plan priorities (e.g. ESG, digital, credit initiatives);
- creation of a leading education player in Italy, leveraging on Intesa Sanpaolo innovative learning infrastructure, to be an aggregator of best Italian players in the industry;
- new “job communities” composed of clusters of professionals with homogeneous skillsets, learning paths and titles, with the aim of defining a coherent development model within the Group;
- Process streamlining enabled by technology .
Last updated 23 February 2022 at 11:05:30