INTESA SANPAOLO: SHAREHOLDERS’ AGREEMENT CONCERNING THE COMPANY ENTERED INTO BY CREDIT AGRICOLE AND ASSICURAZIONI GENERALI
Torino, Milano, 7 May 2009 – Intesa Sanpaolo, upon request of Consob, with reference to the shareholders’ agreement concerning the Company’s shares, which Crédit Agricole and Assicurazioni Generali entered into on 24 April 2009, informs as follows:
- Intesa Sanpaolo has scrupulously respected its engagements with the Italian Competition Authority;
- the Company learned the contents of the shareholders’ agreement upon publication of the extract in the press on 1 May 2009;
- the Authority made a timely request of Intesa Sanpaolo for adequate information regarding the consistency of this agreement with the provisions contained in its decision;
- since Intesa Sanpaolo will provide the information required and collaborate with the Authority with the aim of defining whatever that can be useful to the Authority, for the time being the Bank thinks it suitable to put off any evaluation until the outcome of the ongoing verifications;
- any further development will be duly communicated to the market.
Last updated 7 May 2009 at 18:02